Sesame Oil ???

cowgirl

Has anyone ever used this in M&P or maybe even CP or HP soap? I have some here that I bought at kroger and I was just wondering if I could put it in M&P. Here are some descriptions of what i found.

internet search

Sesame Seed Oil has been used as a healing oil for thousands of years. Sesame oil is mentioned in the Vedas as excellent for humans. It is naturally antibacterial for common skin pathogens, such as staphylococcus and streptococcus as well as common skin fungi, such as athlete's foot fungus. It is naturally antiviral. It is a natural anti inflammatory agent.

MMS

Saponification Value: 190 mg KOH / g of Fat I was a little worried about introducing sesame oil since the visions I conjure in my head were of spicy Asian food. Don't think dark, toasted, spicy, pungent or the many other words to describe Sesame Oil purchased from the Asian foods market. Our sesame oil is cold pressed, light yellow, almost odorless and wonderfully rich in nutrients for the skin. We are sure you will love it once you try it.

After reading this I was thinking this might work like tea tree maybe ??? My son has athlete's foot I was thinking about trying this or would I be better off trying tea tree for my sons problem ?

I am not fimilar with sesame oil, but you could try a spray made of tea tree, applecider vinegar, honey and maybe a smidge of sesame oil. ( will have to shake before each use)

If you want to add these ingredients to m&P base,

oil-1TB per lb of base

honey-1TB per lb ( Can add more) i add a couple TB"s

I have also read that calendula flower is a great additive for healing and such.

You could add a TB of calendula flowers to a lb of soap base.

Hope this was helpful

I am no expert here, just been researching forever.

:D