To those of you whomake candles for a hobby...

Hi there. I make candles as a hobby but I couldn't tell you how much I spend a month....to tell you the truth if I added it all up it would scare me *LOL*. I spend far too much, but it keeps me happy :P:grin2: . It would be nice one day to do this as a business, its something I can do from home - but at the moment that thought is a bit scary.

I have loads of bottle of FO's, some of them are just sample bottles but...i don't know...you just can't have enough FO's :yay: .

Why are you asking? Do you feel you are spending too much? lol

Anjie,x.

I don't have the funds to buy a lot of things, I try to save £20 and buy a few bits at once to save on postage.

I'd like to be able to sell candles to make money to buy supplies, but you need the supplies to do all the testing to be able to sell them lol, vicious circle

Hi there. I make candles as a hobby but I couldn't tell you how much I spend a month....to tell you the truth if I added it all up it would scare me *LOL*. I spend far too much, but it keeps me happy :P:grin2: . It would be nice one day to do this as a business, its something I can do from home - but at the moment that thought is a bit scary.

I have loads of bottle of FO's, some of them are just sample bottles but...i don't know...you just can't have enough FO's :yay: .

Why are you asking? Do you feel you are spending too much? lol

Anjie,x.

Anjie, I know I am spending WAAYY to much. I did find a supplier thats like 1/2 hr. drive for me, so I will be doing the majority of my spending their, rather then with different suppliers to save on shipping. I figured up in a yr. I spend alittle over $200 just in shipping costs.:shocked2:

I make candles for myself, friends, and family. I used to sell at fairs, flea markets, but I decided to stop due to the costly exspenses of insurance...taxes, and the cost to just be able to set up a spot. It was to much...and I was WWAAYYY to busy. I have 4 small children, so I decided to just go with it as a hobby. I do like NOT having to run around making deliveries, or people NOT calling me up wanting candles... right then and their, and having to pack 4 kids up to run candles here and their. (I never felt comfortable having alot of customers knowing where I lived.) So, I am happy with it just the way it is...and being able to enjoy my candles all to myself!!!:yay: LOL!!!

I prolly have 20 or so... 16 oz. bottle of FO's and 10 cases of jars. And it seems when I just hear of a good smelling fo...I'm buying it!:embarasse

Maybe I will start my own website for support, because this is really an addiction!!!:embarasse :tiptoe:

But I do LOVE it!!!:yay:

Hey Leisa,

If you do get a website going for FO addiction, I'll be first in line. I, like you, have to try fo's that people talk about and have far more than I ever thought possibe. Or if a supplier is having a sale, I have to check it out. But I am loving it, too! And I am lucky that my husband doesn't care or say anything about how much I have. Plus, now that I have been soaping, he is my biggest fan. He sniffs the curing soaps first thing when he comes home from work. I think I may be creating a monster. lol

Valerie:cheesy2:

Hey Leisa,

If you do get a website going for FO addiction, I'll be first in line. I, like you, have to try fo's that people talk about and have far more than I ever thought possibe. Or if a supplier is having a sale, I have to check it out. But I am loving it, too! And I am lucky that my husband doesn't care or say anything about how much I have. Plus, now that I have been soaping, he is my biggest fan. He sniffs the curing soaps first thing when he comes home from work. I think I may be creating a monster. lol

Valerie:cheesy2:

Valerie, what kind of soap do you make? And do you make candles for just yourself?

I just REALLY need to try to stop this spending on fo's. Sometimes I find myself throwing some out, cause they have gone bad...had for a few yrs. that I never even made candles with. Thats when I know its an addiction. I feel like I am pouring out a bottle of beer and crying over it.:rolleyes2

Thanks for the responses ladies!!!