Need help fast

Robertal

There are two types of Vitamin E. Vitamin E Acetate is more prevalent, and from my understanding, is synthetically made. There is also Vitamin E Natural. I know MMS offers both, and they usually have pretty good product descriptions. I bet they could go into more detail on this.

Better late than never. I THINK the cheaper is actually a better antioxidant for keeping your product and oils fresh than the more "nutritious" and expensive. But I can't remember why I think this so don't quote me LOL.

Yikes! That's a useless answer. If you don't know, don't reply.

e

well do you have a walmart near you they carry the vitamin E liquid it's springdale brand their about 3 bucks for i think 2 ounces is what i use in larva lip gloss and works really good and be easy to get without having to pay shipping charges . hope that helps

From Nature With Love has a nice explanation (I knew I read it somewhere)

T-80, natural mixed tocopherols (isolated from vegetable oils), is a natural, heat stable antioxidant that protects food and cosmetic products from oxidation. Mixed tocopherols such as T-80 help protect oil based formulations from rancidity. While the alpha tocopherol content in traditionally available vitamin E oils is wonderful as an in-vitro anti-oxidant, studies show that the gamma tocopherol found in Vitamin E T-80 oil is a superior anti-oxidant for use in oils/lipids in cosmetic formulations. T-80 possesses a higher content of gamma tocopherols and can be used at a rate of .04% or 400ppm to help protect your oils.

So basically, this is less expensive option (versus their "vitamin" vitamin E) is actually a better antioxidant than the pricey stuff. You can read about those on their web site.

I looked for information there on "Acetate" but it was more difficult for me to comprehend. I hope what I posted here is of some help, though, as you look for other sources of Vit. E.

Vit E acetate can exist in both natural and synthetic forms. It's simply chemically more stable. Problem is, there's also research that shows it's not as effective for your skin, so if you're looking for skin vitamins, best to go with the original tocopherols. D-alpha is natural, dl-alpha is synthetic. For preventing rancidity, Carebear's right, mixed tocopherols are the most powerful, since gammas mixed with alphas are most effective as opposed to pure alphas, though acetates should work as well.