Too Much Fragrance in wax???

Hello Ladies,

I think I screwed up, I am a newbie to soy wax and I think I've added too much fragrance - i didnt realize how much more FO soy takes in comparison to other waxes. I kept adding more and more because it didnt smell stroing enough and now the wax is drying with a coating on the top. Did I add too much FO - How do you know if you've added too much fragrance to Soy Wax will it dry funny??

By "coating" do you mean the the oil has seeped through and is now sitting on top of the wax?

You know you've added too much when you've exceeded the manufacturer guidelines for your type of wax (the seeping is a good indicator that you did).;)

Yup, go with the recommended amounts for your wax.

There are some waxes though, like the Ecosoya CBA, that could sweat even without any FO.

Hello Ladies,

I think I screwed up, I am a newbie to soy wax and I think I've added too much fragrance - i didnt realize how much more FO soy takes in comparison to other waxes. I kept adding more and more because it didnt smell stroing enough and now the wax is drying with a coating on the top. Did I add too much FO - How do you know if you've added too much fragrance to Soy Wax will it dry funny??

You've got to weigh the wax and FO and use only up to what the mfg of the wax says to use. Unfortunately, you can't just add till it smells right :)

Tony