Help - too stupid to work a pyramid mold......

DanaE

I received two pyramid molds yesterday, and I'm a little lost on how to work these. Seems I'm missing a few brain cells from being sick for the last 2 weeks.

What I seem to have is a pyramid mold (metal), along with a small metal square that is open on two ends. I assumed you put the pyramid into the metal square and it held the pyramid in place. Nope - when I put the pyramid down into it, it simply goes all the way through the bottom, like the square is too small (not tall enough). So it wobbles around in there, being pretty useless.

Then I thought, well, maybe I'm supposed to put a wick pin in the bottom (top after it's finished) and that, along with the little metal square, would hold the pyramid steady. Nope - the wick pins absolutely will not go through the hole. I pushed and pushed and dug around with it until I finally gave it up as a lost cause.

So....just how do you stand up the pyramid molds so you can pour into them? I'm itching to make a few pyramids, since I've seen so many pretty ones on the Gallery!

I could get hubby to invent something to hold these up for me, but it seems that the metal squares I received are supposed to do that. I didn't order them, so I have to assume they are part of the set....

DanaE

A picture speaks a thousand words......

First is the two pieces separate

Second is the pyramid placed into the square for stability. I usually add some tape to the sides to make is sit still.

If you square stand is too small, then they've sent you the wrong item....

Hope that helps you some.......

post-1101-139458380906_thumb.jpg

post-1101-139458380907_thumb.jpg

Oh man, my square metal piece is significantly smaller! It doesn't even begin to hold the pyramid. I guess I should email or call them tomorrow and see what to do...

Thank you for the pictures. They absolutely did speak a thousand words :)

DanaE

Do you have a square metal mold that would hold it? It would take your square mold out of commision until you can get something else to replace it, but it would work to let you make one while the excitement of a new mold is fresh!

You could also try the bowl of dried beans trick to hold the mold.