What do all the wick numbers mean?

I keep seeing all these numbers associated with all the different wicks....what do they all mean?

Here's what's getting me....I went to Peaks website, and for example, there will be several 6" wicks with the same letters, but all will have different numbers attached to them. ????

The numbers are the wick size. The letters are the series/ brand.

For LX wicks, for example, LX 8 is the smallest size that Peaks carries, and LX 30 is the biggest.

If you find a wick chart, you'd get wick recommendations for a certain diameter of container or pillar.

To add to all the confusion, there are cotton, zinc or paper cored wicks, and coreless ones. There are German wicks with American counterparts. You would need to test a few to find your preference.

I suggest choosing maybe 1-3 type(s) of wicks and getting a sample pack for each type. It would be best to start with just one type of container and a few fragrances at first so that you don't get overwhelmed with testing. To help you decide which wick types to start with, you could do research on old threads and find which ones others prefer.

I suggest choosing maybe 1-3 type(s) of wicks and getting a sample pack for each type. It would be best to start with just one type of container and a few fragrances at first so that you don't get overwhelmed with testing. To help you decide which wick types to start with, you could do research on old threads and find which ones others prefer.

Amen!!! I decided to go crazy with my first big order, ended up with 40 1oz. FO's to test the smell, 4 sizes of containers, a couple big boxes of wicks and samples of 4 different kinds of wicks, and 3 kinds of wax....

Yeah... trying to keep that straight was fun. I managed *some* good testing, but on others, I'll have to wait. If I had to do it over again, I would have only started with 3-5 scents, sample packs in all the wicks (that really does help!), 2 kinds of wax (container and pillar), and 1 container size.

Out of the 40 FO's... I've only got about 7 I have been able to test thorougly, to where I feel confident they are safe... and they are all in containers.

ETA: Forgot to mention, I also ended up buying 10 molds, in 4 different shapes and sizes.