Sample Special Order Contract

Guest EMercier

Guest EMercier

Does anyone have a sample of a special order contract? Or if you have a link to someplace I can look. I've had a few speical orders fall through. I never made the stuff because I would let them know that I don't do work until I receive the money. Some don't want to work that way. I've been burned before. I just want a deposit so that I can still get something from it. Funny part is that one I get one to fall through I get a few more that go through. Long story short, I need something for people to sign. I'm ready to do wedding and such. Thanks in advance.

I don't know where to find what you are looking for but I do have some advise (not legal JMO) pertaining to weddings.

Our local Tux rentals requires a deposit. Then when the item is returned on time and no damage the deposit is returned.

Our florist's require a deposit before the items can be made and if they cancel or change their mind then only a certain % or none of the deposit is refunded.

Some states have different laws or regulations when it comes to this. You can call it a retainer fee (meaning you block off a certain date) and it is also for the items to be made. You give them a certain time frame that they can cancel before and you give back the fee. If it is past that time frame then they get no refund.

For example,

A bride orderes candles in Jan. 2006 & the wedding is in June of 2006. She would have until May 2006 (1 month of date) to cancel or what ever you choose for the latest that they can cancel to receive a refund of all of the deposit. If after that time no refund would be given. You explain this in your agreement. No refund will be given after __________ because materials have been bought for your event and we are holding this date for you.

You can find some rental agreements, contracts etc. on-line then just re-write it to fit your needs. If you make it concise enough and the dollar amount is under the max for small claims cort the you shouldnt have to pay a layer to go over this for you. Just make sure you list every name, date and place and have them and you sign it.

So if you can't understand this just look over other documents and write them so it will work for you.

That's the only way I found to do this when I needed an agreement without paying for a layer.

Hopes this helps.

P.S. search under free sample contracts

Candle Man

Guest EMercier

well I would word it in a way that it makes sense for all parties. My major is Business, so I know how to make it work. I was us basically looking for something that someone else may use so that I can use as a guide. I just don't want to leave out anything. I know others on here use them, just wanted to see the wording.