Need HEPL ASAP

Mnhorsemom

I just added my lye solution to my pot of oils get it poured in and notice a big lump of solid lye on the bottom of the pitcher. Never had this happen before and both pitchers that I mixed up did this (just checked the other one) It's a hard lump on the bottom of both pitchers :undecided

Hmm.. Don't stick blend Your oils just yet.. It will take longer to trace..

Did You do a water discount??

If you did I would suggest adding a few oz of water to the lye chunks and whisk it good..

Just My Thoughts..i hope someone else can help ya out more!

Good Luck!!

I was a can of lye I purchased from BCN. I've never had it chunk on me either, but both pitchers had a chunk covering almost the whole bottom of the pitcher. I did the lye same way I always have. I had another can of lye so I made up another batch (I had oils ready for 2 batches) I was the same brand no problem. But then I didn't have a problem with the other can of lye the first time I had used it. OH well, dang those soap fairies anyway. I did put the soap in my mold, and it is gelling so guess we will see what we see. Thanks for the responses.