Chemessence

TxSioux

I get a few of my fragrance oils from them.......I absolutely love their cranberry! I also get mulberry and lemongrass from them. I like their almond too, I use it as a mixer. I like their Christmas Memories around the holidays. It smells just like Aromatique Scent of Christmas. HTH

I'm sorry to say I was very disappointed by the samples I received from them. They were all super weak, because like you, I thought great--I found a cheap supplier! Wrong. I contacted them and they said they could make the same FO at a more stronger strength, and of course it would cost a different amount. I won't waste my time playing that game.

Were you both using soy wax? I use their fo in paraffin J223 and 4625 and

get awesome throw with the scents that I mentioned. I do find that some of their scents are light and there are a bunch of scents that smell similar, like

have the same note........not sure if that makes sense. :undecided My favorite is cranberry.

I use to buy from them and have hundred's of samples. I found their scents to work in paraffin but not so great in soy or a soy blend. I also found most of their scents weak and most not very true.

They do have a 2LB min. of each scent and they will direct you to buy from their reps. (not direct from them) and tell you which one is close to your area.

Does anyone order directly from this manufacturer - www.chemessence.com ? If so, any recommendations? The prices are very good, which always makes me wonder about quality. Also seems odd they won't accept credit cards & you have to go through the process of mailing a check. Oh well, if they're good...Susan.

They don't accept CC's because of the high processing fees. I wouldn't either if I didn't have to.

i use 100% soy. they sent samples to a friend that they made super strength for her to try in soy, she uses 6006 so she sent me the samples and they throw just not up to my standards, so if these were super strength i can only imagine how the regular line of fo's are. but just like every place else it's hit & miss for some.

Thanks for the insight, all. Since I use soy it seems like this may be more of a miss than a hit for me. I don't need any more disappointment (or wasted money) in my life, so I really appreciate yalls opinions.

Susan.

• 1 year later...

I got a few samples and will be putting them in paraffin (IGI 4794 votive) soon:

Dogwood

Heather

Pomegranate

Sea Lavender

OOB, three are great but the 'Heather' is not quite as nice as the others but close. The 'Sea Lavender' is wonderful but I'm a huge fan of lavender anyway.

If any of you have comments on those before I put them in wax, I'm all ears. And I will post results after they're in wax and cured a couple of weeks.

Darbla

The only one I've tried from your list is the pomegranate and it's pretty good. I have a few customers who really like it, but it's not wildly popular in my area. I use it in J223 and IGI 4794. I really don't use very many from them, but I've never tried the Sea Lavender.........I'd be interested in your review of that one.

I use a lot of there fragrances in paraffin and they are super. The only one I have that didn't smell like it should have was there cotton candy, it smells more mint so I renamed it to creamy mint. I have had very good luck with the fragrances I bought from them and there customer service if AWESOME. I order one day and the box is here the next everytime. Can't beat that.

Devil Woman

I have used the following FO's: Cake-Bake, Mulberry, Plumeria, Chocolate, Country Spice, Grape, Hearts & Flowers, Sex on the Beach, Black Cherry, Apple Jack, Lilac, Juniper Breeze. Have not had any problems with the throw hot or cold, actually~when I make the Chocolate and Lilac, they are so strong it gives me a headache:sad2:. I have tried the Pumpkin Spice (twice) and it is terrible. You can contact them by e-mail and they will send you some FREE SAMPLES!!! Just remember like someone previously said, the prices on the website is for 1 pound and you have to purchase a min. of 2 pounds, so it is actually double that price. Hope this helped a little:grin2: Almost forgot, I am using 100% soy wax and 8% on the FO.

• 3 months later...

I use a lot of their scents. They are no good in straight soy. I use extra in my formula and they are kick butt. BUT, they only have a few that I like. Mainly the fruit ones. I stay away from the flowers. They send free samples. So you can't lose. The samples get to me next day.