Mechanics Soap

Kimberly

I just bought the Fullers Earth to make some mechanic soap for my guys. From what I have heard it is GREAT! But can't really help you because I haven't tried it yet. I don't think I would want kerosene in my soap. Course in the way olden days they use to use it alot. Would dump it on their heads to kill lice.....ewwwww ICK!!!

I made a gardeners soap with Lemon and Orange EO with some cornmeal and ground pumice (from WSP) in it. I only used 2 Tbsp/2.5 lb of oils and it is very scrubby. The EO are supposed to help cut grease, plus they should elminate any scent left on the hands from grease, gas, etc.

I don't think I would put kerosene in my soap!

Steph

Here is another soap I have been wanting to make. The recipe I found calls for Kerosene....1 tbsp per lb. What do ya think??

I dunno about Kerosene. Do you think I could use the Fullers Earth as the degreaser in it?

I purchased CP soap with Kerosene in it at a craft show last year. I think it was called "grease monkey". Anyhow, it smells like a mechanic would...

It's odd to think it cleans because it smells funky...but it was selling.

Hopefully others will chime in about making it.

Granted I don't know how to make CP/HP soap yet but I do know that kerosene is great for cutting oils, grease, even tar, diesel fuel is the same way, when I get tar on my car from the highway I always go to the farm and get diesel on a rag and wipe it off. Never even thought about it being in a soap, new one on me. Hopefully you could put some kind of EO (orange) in it to cut the smell ???? Now I want to purchase a bar of this soap just so I can see how it works, keep us informed kimberly

This is just my :2cents: worth. I remember people using and pouring kerosene on their hands to remove paint, grease etc. With the amount stated in another post of 1 tbsp. pp I don't see what it would hurt especially since it can be poured directly on the skin in pure form.

I think the real problem would be covering up the kerosene smell.