Difference between Votive and Pillar Wax?

I remember someone on the board said that they used 4794 exclusively for the pillars they made. I think they made solid creamy looking pillars. I don't know how versatile it is w/additives, such as making rustics or mottles. Maybe someone else can remember who that was.

There are a few specialty waxes that are specifically blended for making certain kinds of votive candles. Those might not work well for pillars. For instance 4794 is made from a very low-melting paraffin plus additives. I haven't tried making a pillar out of it but it wouldn't be my first impulse. I don't remember about the person Freezin mentioned, but who knows maybe it can work.

With other pre-blends and straight paraffins between 132 and 142 MP, there's no such thing as votive and pillar waxes. They're all used for both. You might select one over another for various reasons. A lower-melting wax might make a better votive in certain respects. A higher-melting wax is helpful for fragranced pillars, while a lower melting wax may work better for unfragranced ones. But basically you can use anything for anything with the right additives.

I have found that IGI 6228 works very well for pillars, tarts, votives, and dotz. It holds scent well, and is easy to work with.

I also use their "F" wax for all four of my "hard wax" projects when I want something with a different look.

Fredron