Business Plan

I am a novice wanting to be a proficient/expert in making candles (realizing I have a long way to go). I am in the process of setting up my candle company and I have a few questions I am hoping someone can answer:

I have been testing my candles for almost 2 years and I have found a great "method to the candle madness product" that my partners and I agree with. I have been researching for how to make a business plan. The information I have come across has didly squat about candle plans. Does anyone have an outline that I can use as a guide (if they do not mind sharing)?

I have a rough draft of a brochure developed. I have a question about this also: Does anyone put pictures of their candles or a picture of each scent candle they make?

Also, I am having trouble finding a label company who has a decent price because my labels do not follow the standard square and round shape. can anyone recommend one? As of now I print all of my labels and cut them individually. We do get help from our children from time to time but we need a better method and starting out, we don't have the funds of a lottery winner.

I have been looking for information about product liability insurance. I have located loads of definitions of product liability insurance but I have hit a brick wall so to speak about finding a quote. I have a call into my home owner's insurance company and I am trying to patiently wait for a return call. Can anyone suggest a company?

I would appreciate any help.

Visit the SBA (Small Business Admin) in your area. They will have someone available to answer your questions and they will often have classes on how to write a business plan.

The best advise that I can give you is to take it slow and make sure that everything is in place and done properly before you start selling.

HTH.

Jennifer

Thank you for you advise and time. I have set up a business meeting with the group called SCORE, a small business association in my area comprised of business majors and local legal offices who have volunteered their time to help those who wish to start a small business. We are trying to do most of the legal work ourself. I have spent countless hours pouring over site on the internet about LLC. I have all of the proper forms to fill out. I also checked on the Louisiana Secretary of State web site and called them. They have sent me a customized check list to follow. I have a lot of competition in my area. Unfortunately for me my college degree was not in business. All of this has been Greek to me. I am applying for my LLC, occupational license, tax ID's, and I did my own name search. This originally started out as a hobby for me; my husband thought I needed a hobby besides teaching and my practice so he bought a candle making kit for me for Christmas a while back. I had put it aside for a while and when I took a month off I rediscovered it and have been steady at it ever since. I see how it is addicting. Now I have my practice schedule around my candle making. Sorry I have gotten on a tangent. Thanks for your help.