A Question About My First Batch Of CP Soap

SueH

I made my first batch of CP soap yesterday. It was a Cannolive recipe from the Miller website. I unmolded it today and it looks great but I startd cutting it and notice on the inside there seem to be a few pockets of FO. Will this go away after curing or should I remelt it?TIA!!

Can't provide a picture but here's my recipe- 20 oz Canola Oil, 18 oz Olive Oil, 6 os Coconut Oil, 12 oz cold water, 6.2 oz lye. I ran it through the MMS lye calclator. It took about an hour to trace then I added 2oz FO. When I cut it today it looked like little bits of rice inside. I touched it and didn't feel any stinging but could smell FO on my finger. I hope it can be saved. Thanks for your help.

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to toss it out or to remelt it - let it sit for a bit and see what it does. It could just possibly be that the scent accelerated trace and it did not get all incorporated into the soap. If there was no stinging then is possibly isn't lye pockets. To me it sounds like you are a little heavy on the FO, but some prefer it that way.

HTH