Have you been playing with making Wooden Wicks? Read me!

Looking for anyone else who's been playing with some of the wooden wicks around the market nowadays.

I picked up a dozen of them from WSP... and poured my first few jars of it using my standard fragrance load, in 100% soy wax, and normal amounts of colorant.

The first jar I poured was a Caramel Corn scent.. and it burned absolutely beautifully. Nice, even burn... with extremely little sooting (as compared to the WoodWicks I've seen IRL and pictures of other's on here).

The 2nd and 3rd jars, I poured using a Blueberry Muffin FO... and I cannot keep the darn thing lit. I poured two jars, one re-using the same jar that I used for the Caramel Corn one.. and the other I re-used an 'official' WoodWick hourglass jar.

The one that I had re-used from Caramel corn initially wouldn't stay lit for very long, and ended up tunnelling down pretty badly. It finally caught up with itself over the next two burns, and brought itself back down to a nice level surface... and it won't stay lit at all now! It'll light for maybe 5-10 minutes, then puts itself out.

Same goes for the reused WW hourglass jar... it's only staying lit for around 5-15 minutes at a time, and is now beginning to look like it's going to tunnel just like the previous one did.

I'm assuming it's this FO, as the Caramel Corn FO burned absolutely beautifully from start to finish... just wondering if anyone else who's been playing with these lately has run into any similar problems.