packaging ideas for favors

LynnS

I am putting favors on my site and also signing up with a wedding planner IF not hundreds/hundreds of dollars.If to costly I can go alone on my website.Anyone know where I might find packaging,boxes etc for this event or for showers etc.

I know about Sunshine Container do they have sorta fancy things or is there other companies.I know I Have to be creative too.Off to do some checking but need some input here.

WOW looking at what people have on these sites for weddings is very costly.Some things are almost $5.00 for a favor.That is outrageous but know it depends on what people want.

I kinda want to be simple and reasonable unless they have other ideas.I am working on a few ideas and some on my site now.

LynnS

I just ordered a few things from them even though I normally order mostly from Nashville Wraps. I had a question and called in my order. The girl who handled my order was friendly and knowledgeable about their products. Steared me towards exactly what I needed. My package arrived 2 days ahead of schedule from the west coast to the east coast. I needed a special item, and I was happy not to have to order a kazillion of them. Very impressed with papermart!

Thank You

Great site and just what I am looking for.Also got more ideas.Lots of Bags and also organza.I do have some organza I haven't used.My corn cob sachets weren't a hit so quit that.

Love the large organza bags.Never knew they could be purchased that big.

I didn't like working with tulle.Fought it and never seemed to get it altogether

to make my pretty bow.I stayed with large cello bags.Now just gather and pull the string with large organza.

LynnS

take this for what it is ... just my experience and opinion, but wedding favors are a tough thing to make a lot of money on. Brides are very picky (rightfully so, don't take that wrong) :) , and themes change every season/year, "in" colors change, etc.

I used to sell quite a bit (about 5 years ago) and I finally quit doing them because people just frustrated me too much. I also used to drop ship for other sites and most of those people have pulled away from wedding stuff too. The ones that are still in the market have gone to strictly pre-made/pre-bought stuff ~ completely away from the handmade/custom stuff that we all started out with.

Please don't think I'm trying to discourage you! If this is something you really want to do, then by all means go for it. But I wanted you to have a realistic point of view as well.

Hooking up with a wedding planner would be very costly I would think (but could be wrong!) and again the same things would come into play ... they would require large orders to be quickly produced, constant quality (i.e. all soaps or candle would MATCH and not have flaws), and fresh new ideas (i.e. constantly doing "new" things to keep with the trends).

Selling to local market might fare better if that's an option open to you.

I agree with Soapmom. I offered wedding favors for years but it got to the point that everyone wanted everything for dirt cheap. Especially if they bought in bulk. I'm noticing that people are going to craft stores where they sell 24 votives for $5 and just package them themselves. The only wedding item I offer now is an invitation pillar and even those sales are scattered. Good luck with whatever you decide!

I have thought about this and saw that some of these favors are outrageous.The big companies want $5.00 for one favor.Might look what they think classy but if people have a big wedding that could be unrealistic.Of course they probably have the money to pay that price.I agree I am sure in bulk people want dirt cheap but mine are about as reasonable as they can get.I have noticed that favors are not what most make.They are tedious and I might just possibly go up in price.Just hate to for charity.

This started because I did a couple charity auction favors.People loved them.Then thought why not add wedding favors.The problem is the group I do it for has a donor for them.They don't pay for them.So not sure it would work unless a donor came forth for a charity.Just might give them a pack of mints that was $5-10 a bag of 100 packs.

If it is costly no way am I going to sign with a wedding planner.I can advertise in the local paper maybe 4 times a year.I think it is $50 a month and gets in 4 times(weekly).I will have to check.Then my website but really so far not but a few sales.Haven't hit search engines yet.

LynnS

I am on the opposite...I sell wedding favours and do really well. I didnt even really want to get into it, but I did a friends wedding and from that got 3 more....and now I am doing my brother in laws wedding (centerpieces too)...it is fun, for now I really enjoy it.

I am on the opposite...I sell wedding favours and do really well. I didnt even really want to get into it, but I did a friends wedding and from that got 3 more....and now I am doing my brother in laws wedding (centerpieces too)...it is fun, for now I really enjoy it.

that's the kind of success I was referring to when I said "local" :) I think if Lynn is "known" in her community, then wedding favors COULD be a large business and people would appreciate handmade quality. Plus the overall price would/could be less per favor because shipping isn't involved, etc.

Online though, it's rather cut throat and got to be way too much of a headache for me. Now I stick with the family celebrations AFTER the wedding (baby, kid b-day, etc.) ~ much more relaxed buyers and fun orders to do :D

that's the kind of success I was referring to when I said "local" :) I think if Lynn is "known" in her community, then wedding favors COULD be a large business and people would appreciate handmade quality. Plus the overall price would/could be less per favor because shipping isn't involved, etc.

Online though, it's rather cut throat and got to be way too much of a headache for me. Now I stick with the family celebrations AFTER the wedding (baby, kid b-day, etc.) ~ much more relaxed buyers and fun orders to do :D

I totally agree!