After waiting patiently for myCandleScience order....

MeltAMemory

:cry2: .......Well, I got it today......I found it hanging on my doorknob, the Bubble envelope had been ripped open, 3 oils were missing, and the packaging and oils were thrown in a plastic bag and hung on my door. The mail lady did not even have the decency to knock on my door and tell me. That makes me so mad!!!

On a brighter note....I love the moonlake musk and can't wait to get it in wax. I have loved every oil I have tried from CandleScience so far. It is very rare that I get all hits and no misses. I think I'll try their wax next!

I frequently order from Candle Sceince. They usually always pack well, so I don't think it is their doing. But I'll tell you what did happen to me with one of their orders. Lucily it was a small order of around $30 for some tea light cups. Anyway, I never received it. They are usually the quickest shippers of any I order from, so after many days I decide to check with the tracking link. And it says order was delivered 5 days earlier. Well, I never got it so I called them. They read me the note that said. "Raining, left in garbage can by the road." Do you believe that, they put it in my garbage can, and of course it went out with the rest of the garbage.

I'm supprised the driver even had the audacity to write down what he did with it.

OMG, I've had a similar happening and chalked it up to it just being ME. So glad I'm not the only one!

I'd been waiting and waiting on a box of wax to arrive. Normally I'd have it within the week, but it had been over 3 weeks and no news. I'd have noticed sooner, but there was a lot going on around here and I got distracted. Anyway, I call & it was confirmed that it'd been delivered some 2 and a half weeks ago. Hmmm. Ok, so I go through the red tape at the post office to track it down and their little note from the driver says "Nobody home, left it on tailgate".

Wha...TAILGATE??!! :eek:

So outside I go, looking all over the vehicles for a big box of wax. Now understand that my hubby has 4 trucks (don't get me started) and they're parked all over the property (14 friggin acres!). 2 down at the garage, 1 in front of the house, 1 behind the house. I got plenty of exercise! But still NO BOX anywhere.

Aggravated beyond belief, mostly from the useless excercise I'd just been forced into, I call the post office back and let em have it. Then I call my supplier back & get another shipment on its way.

But here's the best part! Okay 2 more days pass and then a strange car pulls in my driveway. An elderly man gets out and introduces himself as principal of a nearby elementary school. He then reads off my name & address from a little notebook and asks me if he's at the right place. Yep, I say, wondering what he's selling. He then opens his trunk and hands me a smushed up armload of soggy cardboard & plastic. It WAS my box of wax! Apparently it'd been on the tailgate of hubby's work truck & it'd fell off while going around the curve in front of the school. The principal estimates that 3-4 school buses ran over it before it was moved out of the road by a teacher and carried in the building. There were prolly a dozen or so wax flakes left and they were stuck to the wet plastic.

I have a new mailman.

After reading these horror stories, I'm glad we have to go the post office to get all of our mail. No home delivery in Mullan.

I try to get wax and supplies delivered by UPS or FedEx. Have never had a problem with either of them.

MichelleB....That is just unbelievable!!!!!!!! And these people still have jobs?!?

I KNOW that this was the USPS fault and not CandleSceince.....I don't want you to think I am blaming them.....I KNOW my mail lady sucks...LOL!!!!

It always gets me that they will leave a package on the porch, tailgate, garbage can ect.... instead of taking 2 seconds to knock on a door when it is obvious you are home!!! Ok, end of rant:cool2:

I have everything delivered to my mom's house because she is retired and always home. The UPS/USPS/Fed Ex delivery guys always knock on the door AND bring it into the house for her. My mom is not elderly or unable to carry things, they are just that nice. Now, the postal carrier at my house, ends up putting packages near the trash can in the back of the house (I have a front porch & front steps)...dummy!

OMG, I've had a similar happening and chalked it up to it just being ME. So glad I'm not the only one!

I'd been waiting and waiting on a box of wax to arrive. Normally I'd have it within the week, but it had been over 3 weeks and no news. I'd have noticed sooner, but there was a lot going on around here and I got distracted. Anyway, I call & it was confirmed that it'd been delivered some 2 and a half weeks ago. Hmmm. Ok, so I go through the red tape at the post office to track it down and their little note from the driver says "Nobody home, left it on tailgate".

Wha...TAILGATE??!! :eek:

So outside I go, looking all over the vehicles for a big box of wax. Now understand that my hubby has 4 trucks (don't get me started) and they're parked all over the property (14 friggin acres!). 2 down at the garage, 1 in front of the house, 1 behind the house. I got plenty of exercise! But still NO BOX anywhere.

Aggravated beyond belief, mostly from the useless excercise I'd just been forced into, I call the post office back and let em have it. Then I call my supplier back & get another shipment on its way.

But here's the best part! Okay 2 more days pass and then a strange car pulls in my driveway. An elderly man gets out and introduces himself as principal of a nearby elementary school. He then reads off my name & address from a little notebook and asks me if he's at the right place. Yep, I say, wondering what he's selling. He then opens his trunk and hands me a smushed up armload of soggy cardboard & plastic. It WAS my box of wax! Apparently it'd been on the tailgate of hubby's work truck & it'd fell off while going around the curve in front of the school. The principal estimates that 3-4 school buses ran over it before it was moved out of the road by a teacher and carried in the building. There were prolly a dozen or so wax flakes left and they were stuck to the wet plastic.

I have a new mailman.

Michelle I am sorry for what happened to your wax but that is the best story I have read in a LOOOng time.:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Glo

Oh wow...I am really glad that my delivery guys arent that bad....I'm sorry you guys got some real chumps. I like most of the guys I have now except for Fed-Ex, which i will make sure to never use.

I mailed a package to my mom when she was living in Arkansas, it had some quilt squares that all my nieces and nephews and my daughter colored so we could get a quilt made for my MIL. I am soo glad I thought to put the squares in a plastic ziplock bag before I put them in the box. When the mail lady delivered the box she put it on top of mom's mailbox. And of course the wind blew it down and into the ditch, it was there for a couple of weeks before they finally found it floating in the water.

Needless to say we both complained Loudly about it. I think that lady was fired not long after that for doing similar things to other people.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry for the bad experiences many of you have to deal with! I really appreciate our mail delivery more when I hear events like these. Our mail carrier always brings packages that won't easily fit into the mailbox up to the house, knock on the door and will even place them inside if the door isn't locked and she gets no answer. FedEx will knock on the door and maybe place packages inside, and UPS will leave items on the deck next to the door (in any weather). It sure beats having horror stories to share! LOL

The USPS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14_6_1.gif

Hey now, my DH works for the USPS. I've never had a problem with my deliveries thankfully. And, Candlescience does usually ship out within 24 hours. They are good about that. I get wax, oils and jars from them. I do get alot of beat up packages but they are usually UPS or FEDEX. Michelle, that is a funny story. I'm sorry, but I had a good laugh!

We've had more then beat up packages.

Just to name a few things: we've had to file reports with the federal marshalls for our packages getting cut open from places like the Disney store (that mail carrier said he knew the packages were opened but didn't feel like doing anything about it cause it would have slowed his day), had package thrown at our glass door from the sidewalk (a good 20 feet and a different carrier), had postal workers kick our mailbox (which is attached to our front door, yep a different guy) cause they didn't like how it opened, still another one tell us there's "no f--king way they are taking a letter back to the post office, have the post office say they know the workers act like this so that's why they just rotate them on the routes but it's union so there's nothing they can do and our post office just fired 28 mail carriers for throwing out mail cause they said the extra mail makes their routes too long and the bags to heavy to carry around here they suck...sorry but they do:undecided

I used to have a mail lady that would throw my packages over the porch rail you would hear them hit the porch and if it said fragile so what so I just have them keep all my packages until I can pick them up it works better that way altho( yeah thats one of them tennessee words)I have a new mail lady and she is really nice :D