Deciding whether to add body sprays right now

I am placing a fairly large order (for me anyways) for bath and body. I was gonna order a 1 gallon jug of body mist and just sell the 2 oz sprays for now, but I am trying to keep my costs down a bit.

I have CP soap, body wash, and lotion, but I know that I like a set with the spray in it too. I may wait until close to summer to order the body mist, when it gets hotter.

Any ideas?

Steph

i have no ideas for making your own base, but the herb arie has a recipe on their site. i sell sprays, use to sell them in the 2 oz bottle, then 1 oz, now the 8 ml misters. the 8 ml seems to work well for me. i use cyclo, fco and fragrance. HTH

I think Vitamin E in their recipe can act as a preservative.

Vitamin E is NOT a preservative. It can help extend the shelf life of oils, as it is an anti-oxidant, but it will not prevent the growth of mold, bacteria, fungus, yeast or any other nasties.

It's been probably a couple years since I looked at the recipes on RJ's site, but I do remember most of them back then not listing preservatives in products that should have them. It always bothered me. I hope things have changed, but I haven't been there lately, so I can't say. I very rarely will sell a product without a proper preservative.

I've made body sprays with just cyclomethicone and FO, but to be honest, they never did sell that well, so I'm pulling them from my line. I've never used anyone's body mist base, so I don't know how they feel or how well they work or sell.

I I was gonna order a 1 gallon jug of body mist and just sell the 2 oz sprays for now

Steph

I use WSP's body mist. Just to let you know, that you will have to scent it on the high end rather than the suggested .5% FO. I've been scenting at 2% instead, because the scent just wasn't holding as well / not strong enough at the suggested .5%FO. ( I've even gone higher on the ones I make for myself) Other than that, it's a great, light, non-alcohol, non-greasy spray that people seem to enjoy.

I do like their base, as it doesn't contain alcohol.

The one recipe I did find (I think it was the Herbarie) had a preservative (Germaben, I believe). The one from RJ's doesn't contain water, just witch hazel and aloe juice. I am going to play with recipes and then I will decide which preservative to use, unless I decide to go with the base instead.

Thanks for all your help!

Steph