Light Boxes

The lighting in my house (and outside) is never right - I have tried taking pictures in every room of my house, and they all come out horrible. I was thinking of getting a light box or a light tent to do my pix, and was wondering if anyone out there has used one. Did it help? And if you bought one, how big did you get? I've seen a tent that measures 30 x 30 x 30 for about $46 but it doesn't include the lights. I saw a lightbox that measures 20 x 20 x 20 that includes the lights and a little tripod for about $70, but that just seems small to me :undecided Just curious to see what everyone uses....

Candlebean, I have a sterlite storage box that I can use any colored paper or fabric inside for deco and use a light on either side as a light box. It's make-shift but it works for a lot less money. Try it first to see if gives you the look your wanting. You don't have to spend a lot of money on a light box. Go to the goodwill or dollar store and find a childs babydoll playpen. You can cut out the netting and drape a shear cloth over it and place your lights on the outside sides and use that as a lightbox. Another idea, get a pendiflex file frame and put it together, drape a shear fabric over it and place your lights on either side. There are lots of things you can do without spending $50-$70. Another thought, Prairieannie showed me a little trick that I can use in my graphic software where I can take the pic any where and cut out the image and place it on any background I want. HTH