Soap balls with castile M&P

Caroline

I made soap balls yesterday with the SFIC Castile base and they turned out really good! The recipe is:

Lavender Soap Balls

1/3 cup boiling water

1 TBSP dried lavender buds

31/4 cups grated castile soap

Make a lavender tea by steeping the lavender buds in the boiling water for 15 minutes (don't let the water boil that long, bring the water to a boil, then put buds in, turn heat down on low and simmer). Add 4 drops of lavender fo/es after the 15 minutes. Pour lavender "tea" over grated castile soap, and knead together well. Form the mixture into balls, place them on a piece of wax paper and all to air dry for about a week. Store them unwrapped.

The recipe doesn't call for melt and pour castile soap, but I went ahead and tried it, and it worked! Has anyone else tried soap balls out the castile soap base and had it work for them? I'd love some other recipes. I'm going to try and sell these at farmer's market. They smell so pretty!

Caroline

I have never posted a picture before, so I'm not quite sure how.

One thing I would do is to add some stearic acid (I think that's what I read you all add) or beeswax to it somehow. They have sat out for 2 days now, and they are still a little to soft for my liking. HTH!

Caroline