Thermometer / Presto Pot Question

If you have a piece of copper wire you could bend that at both ends. Attach one end to the thermometer and then have the other end bent so it would hang on the side of the pesto pot. I have some of these made up for both my presto pot and pouring pot using the double boiler method. I can take a pic if you need a visual of this. HTH

I am a clutz when it comes to glass thermometers. After breaking three in 5 months another chandler told me about the digital thermometer. I went to my local Bed, Bath and Beyond shop and bought a digital thermometer for under $20. This is also carried at Wal-Mart. I love mine. :bliss:

I always was concerned with my glass one being clipped to the side of the presto pot and how much additional heat came from the pot.

The digital thermometer has a metal probe which you can insert directly into unmelted wax or whatever, and IMHO is much easier to work with. Plus, no glass for me to break :yay:

Chris