Metro/Status Jar - How high do you fill them?

How much wax do you pour into the 12 oz Metro Jars? (I believe they are also called Status Jars). My filled weight is about 20oz (7.875 oz wax + 12.125 glass = 20 oz)

I was curious b/c I was wondering what the acceptable fill level was. If I fill them too high, it seems to impact the flame. But I don't want to fill them too low, either.

Thank so much!

Wow, that jar weight sounds heavy. Did you weigh with the lid on?

I gave up on the 12oz metro out of frustration getting it wicked properly, but when I was testing them I would only pour up to the point where it would meet the fitment...can't fill any further than that or the fitment will smash the wax!

Ugh! I'm still trying to figure that out!

So far I've tried CD8 - too high a flame and yet tunneled Could not get FMP

HTP 51 - too small, tunneled

HTP 62 - great for beginning of test, but drowns during marathon burns

I am realy trying to avoid zincs, so I am going to try one size up on the HTP's, then try LX's.

I'm just now testing my metro jars (I've had them a good while). I'm testing one now with an RRD 50--the first 2 burns hung a little, but the 3rd one yesterday caught up.

GL's Grapefruit Watermelon BTW--it smells awesome!

9.875 oz--it just touches the plastic part of the lid.

Thanks so much for the input. I tend to get analysis paralysis with this stuff so your feedback does help rein me in. I've been testing candles (tins, mason, metro) since, oh, October! and have yet to be satisfied. :embarasse

Right now I am burning the metro with the HTP 73. It just started so I can't say for sure how it will do, but so far so good! By the way, I am using J-223, and using AMish Harvest from Peaks.

Thanks again!

Gina