PA sales & USE tax

Has any of you in PA recieved a letter from Harrisburg about the USE tax? We here at Creekside are a legally registered company and pay our collectible sales tax faithfully. However we recieved a letter recently regarding the USE portion of our "Sales and Use tax" license. Apparently (and I am calling the Harrisburg office Monay morning to find more about it), but it sounds like if you purchase tangible items from out of state, like items you purchase from mail order catalogues and such and don't pay sales tax, PA still wants their 6%. Anyone had this happen to them? And, what did you do about it? Btw....they're going back 3 years and want invoices.....because we've only been in business those 3 years.....however...they will go back as far as 1981.

I'm in PA and did not receive a letter from the state. This state is so f##### up. Hell...if I buy a roll of paper towels in Delaware that doesn't charge sales tax and bring them into PA do they expect me to send them $.10?

Like I said....between the piece of crap governor and this stupid behind the times state...all they can think of is how can we get MORE MONEY!!!

Maggie

If you buy those paper towels in Delaware and CLAIM them as a business expense then yup they want their .10 if you didn't pay a sales tax on it when you bought it. Oklahoma has the same use tax law. Just remember its on items that you purchase out of state and use for your business, not items that you are reselling. I buy very few items online (out of state) that I are for use in my business, most of that I buy local.