New to making candles -- using cargill C3

I haven't made a candle yet and I'm just starting to get supplies. I'm using cargill C3 soy wax and would like a recoomendation on a good supplier to FO. The closest to me is Candles & Supplies in Quakertown and I'm heading ther tomorrow, however, I read a previous thread from someone that their oils don't give a good scent throw. Has anyone else had any trouble with the FO. Also looking for any recommendations for a beginner. Wicks,zinc/HTP, etc.

Thanks!!

I've been using C 3 since Cargill came out with it b/f that C 2. I've found there's a lot of suppliers out there that their FO's will work in this wax. KY has some really good and strong FO's as well as NG, FOH. If I were you I would just get a few samples from different suppliers and start testing. As far as wicks I've found CD's to work the best. Just something to remember this wax does require a longer cure time than some of the other soy waxes. Some FO's you won't get much of a scent throw for 2 weeks, then I've got some that will throw in 5 days. Pouring temp I pour mine at 150 -160 and that works for me but some on here pour this wax as soon as they mix their FO in and that works for them. You just need to play with your pouring temp and see what works best for you. If you do a search here you will find a lot more info on this wax. HTH Cindy/WI

I haven't made a candle yet and I'm just starting to get supplies. I'm using cargill C3 soy wax and would like a recoomendation on a good supplier to FO. The closest to me is Candles & Supplies in Quakertown and I'm heading ther tomorrow, however, I read a previous thread from someone that their oils don't give a good scent throw. Has anyone else had any trouble with the FO. Also looking for any recommendations for a beginner. Wicks,zinc/HTP, etc.

Thanks!!