Help with Label Crisis

LaurieF

I have run out of options for labels. Both my logo label and warning labels. I used to get them from Perky Design but for some totally unknown reason she just stopped making them. No explanation whatsover and no problems with her whatsover beforehand.

Before her I used to use Printing by Design who was great but she went out of business. I have looked online but can only find industrial type manufacturers who are outragous for small time people like me.

I need someone who just has their own online printing business who deals with smaller orders.

This really sucks because I got established with her graphics. The warning labels also had the scent listed on there and it was nice and big. Got some labels from someone online and the scent print was as small as the warning label print.....what a waste.

Anyway if anyone deals with a smaller type printing business online PLEASE HELP. Thanks

I have run out of options for labels. Both my logo label and warning labels. I used to get them from Perky Design but for some totally unknown reason she just stopped making them. No explanation whatsover and no problems with her whatsover beforehand.

Before her I used to use Printing by Design who was great but she went out of business. I have looked online but can only find industrial type manufacturers who are outragous for small time people like me.

I need someone who just has their own online printing business who deals with smaller orders.

This really sucks because I got established with her graphics. The warning labels also had the scent listed on there and it was nice and big. Got some labels from someone online and the scent print was as small as the warning label print.....what a waste.

Anyway if anyone deals with a smaller type printing business online PLEASE HELP. Thanks

Hmmm...i just ordered my labels from Perky's about a week ago...hmmm

Yes she's still in business and I was getting my labels for almost 2 years through her then back in November no order. Called 4 times and left 4 emails never heard back from her. Chalked it up to ???????? but had to fight to get my $$ back through paypal. Ended up doing a search recently and I was not the first one this has happened to.

I had the same problem with her, she did my labels a few years ago. I was happy with the design, and very inexpensive. But also very unreliable. Same thing, weeks without no response to email or phone calls. It was like pulling teeth to get something changed or revised sometimes. So, since then I have been doing my own, but I am no expert and it can be pretty time consuming when I want to do different designs to get it laid out correctly. I would prefer to have someone lay them out for me with the designs I am looking for, but then print them myself. Because I much rather be spending my time making candles and such.

I would be interested to know if someone has found anyone else that is reasonable and reliable for the smaller businesses.

I have recently decided to make my own, bought a new printer just for the labels, bought a new adobe photoshop to edit my labels with and am now trying to find the time between making products to make my own labels. It seems less expensive, but also looks to be so time consuming. Wish I could reccomend someone to you, but if I had a great source I wouldn't be coverting to doing my own, best of luck to you on finding someone new.

I make my own labels and packaging. And you just kind of gave me an idea that is probably an answer to a prayer!

I made candles way-back-when and then, you know how life sometimes does, I had to quit my business and go in another direction for a bit and settled into nonprofit work as a fundraiser/technical consultant/PR in the community and economic development arena. After several years I found myself with a steady set of clients (mostly work out of my home office except when meetings out of town/state are required) and as of a year or so ago decided to slowly transition back to my first love, candle making. However, this time I had an advantage as I had picked up bunches of experience on web and database development, marketing/branding, etc. So, on the side I continue to consult for the nonprofit orgs and mainstream developed my own web site and product.

Product and site are going well; close to 20,000 hits on my site since launch October 23, 2007. However, sales wise, it is much more difficult with a virtual storefront vs. the old way, public physical shop. Long and short of it is though that while I am plugging along one sale at a time and testing new recipes. My overall goal is to back fully away from my nonprofit consulting on a national level and eventually start my own foundation to service community and economic development needs solely within my own community. Foundation dollars will come from my Chandler Lane Handmade products and hopefully when leveraged with other dollars in the community perhaps sponsor a few little league teams and a handful of community cleanup efforts...

The long and the short of it though... I would be more than happy to send you an email with a screenshot of my labels and see if I can help you with yours within your budget. Freelance work will keep me in my niche (handmade!) and I enjoy graphic design thoroughly. If I can help you or anyone else, just email me! So, here's my classified... "Perfectionist available for freelance work while candles are curing..." lol.

Oh , I know the perfect place to get your labels our very own raggedydani on Ct makes biz Cards and labels and custom tailor just the way ya like them she easy to work with and is very inspiring too.

CHECK HER OUT :her website:raggedydani.com

Or pm her on ct she'll help ya out .

and be such a sweetheart too.

Hmmm...i just ordered my labels from Perky's about a week ago...hmmm

Have you been contacted by Perkys yet? I am so mad! I placed an order on January 27 and haven't received anything??? I have emailed them several times with no response! They sure did take my money real quick! I am ticked! Please let me know if you get a hold of them. That's too bad, because I loved her product! She did my business cards and I love them!

I have been chatting with a few in the same dilema and am in the process of freelancing what is necessary until I get my virtual candle shop what it needs. My site is http://www.chandlerlane.com and all of the graphics are mine (designed by me) including all of my labels. If I can be of help in the pinch, please let me know. No problem with work and then compensation so you do not have to worry about a rip-off. I am just one of those folks who recognizes that whatever you do under a bushel will soon be in the light lol. Let me know if I can be of assistance!

I had Perky designs do my labels once and they were so cute, BUT the second time, took my $ and would not return any of my many emails. Finally filed a dispute with paypal and got my $ back right away.

So then I ordered labels from Raggedydani, and just got them today. They turned out very nicely. I Highly recommend her!!!:D :D

I had Perky designs do my labels once and they were so cute, BUT the second time, took my $ and would not return any of my many emails. Finally filed a dispute with paypal and got my $ back right away.

So then I ordered labels from Raggedydani, and just got them today. They turned out very nicely. I Highly recommend her!!!:D :D

Thanks so much, So glad you like the labels. It was fun working with you.

Dani