Rebatching Soap

Sherie

I made a soap 2 weeks ago and I just don't like it. It traced pretty fast and I didn't the FO into it. I would like to rebatch it but I've never done it. I've done a search and kind of understand rebatching. If any of you Super Soapers would be so kind to give me the run down on it I would really appreciate it. I have some really nice oils in it and don't want to chunk it. Also, will I be able to add FO during the rebatch. Thanks in advance for any help!

If it were me, I would shredd it up.

If you added the full amount of water the recipe required, I'd lay it out on cookie sheets to dry it out. When it's dried out, sprinkle it with coconut milk and cover in a stainless steel pot with a lid. Leave it sit for about 12 hours covered up and then put it in the oven on low heat, like 150-175.

Check it every hour or so, depending on how much you are doing.

When it's all melted, add your FO, you won't need as much as you do for CP. If you use 1 oz pp CP, I'd only add .5 oz. I would warm the FO up before you add it too. Place the bottle in warm water for a few minutes and then measure it. Stir FO in carefully so you do not incorporate air, or as little air as possible.

How much coconut milk depends on how much soap you are rebatching.

Another method you can do is shred the soap up and place in glass bowl. Microwave in short burst so you don't burn the soap. I add just a little bit of liquid at a time so that it doesn't get watery. Once it looks kind of like mashed potatoes I still in my FO and colorants (IF I didn't add the first time) pour into mold. Bang the mold to get air pockets out of soap.

It shouldn't I made some veggie lard soap w/ aussie clays. I didn't like the way it turned out so I rebatched it and I got more of a marbled look than a swirl. If you put alot of clays in your soap than yes, it may draw some of the moisture out:wink2:

Give it a try you may get hooked on rebatching.