Fo in Gel

citygrl707

I read on ebay someone is selling Medium denisty gel and the seller says you can put up to 1 oz of fragrance oil in the gel. I have made gel for a while now and that is way to much to me. If you put that much your gel will cloud. Not to mention the smoke you will get.

Now wouldn't you think anyone with just a little common sense would follow what the patent holder of the gel (penreco) says it will hold. If they say up to say 5% I would think there is a reason for that. If someone says their gel candle has 1oz of FO ...then I believe it...as long as it is at least a 100oz gel candle.

Bill

Jacksonville Fl

I think a lot of the problem with people over or unscenting comes from not realizing that there is a difference in measurements between weight and volume. You can measure out in a measuring cup 1 ounce of FO....then you can measure on a weight scale 1 ounce of FO....there is a big difference then when you look at them in the amount.