Beading Experts

PaulaR

Very hard to see in the pic, but an excellent idea. You can probably improve on it quite a bit really and create something truly unique.

Head to Micheals or I think you have Joannes down there in the states, which is similar.

Find some heavier gauge (14 maybe) wire along with some pretty beads. I'd do a trial run first as wire can snap when you bend it too much (ie, back and forth or too tight). It looks relatively simple to do, you can thread beads in a pattern, then run more wire back into what will be the handle and repeat. Or, what I would do is create individual beaded strands and wrap the bottom tightly with tape first, then ribbon overtop the tape.

Does that help at all?

I was a beading junkie before I had my surgery and I couldn't sit at a table for hours at a time anymore creating various beading projects. Then I discovered soaping. :wink2:

Yes, I made a similar one for my friend awhile back. I wish I had a pic of it, but it was on a comp that crashed. I started to twist the wire with a drill and it wasn't pretty, so I bought this wire twister from Michael's for about $15. If you wait until Sunday, they give you a 40% off coupon, so it'll actually be cheaper. You can get the wire at Walmart. I used floral wire. My friend wanted faceted resin beads. These worked well b/c they were large and it made the bouquet look a lot bigger from afar, so less strands were required. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. :) HTH!