Need some Creative minds....

NattyCat

I only finished my new website a few months ago but I'm bored with it, and seeing as I've just changed cart and credit/debit card processers, it's gotta be pretty much redone from scratch anyway, so I've decided to re-design it.

The new one is going to have a front page, with links to the various areas of my shop and a small amount of text to grab the customers attention and make them want to look further.

I thought it would be a good idea to use a "dictionary" style paragraph. My company name is a made up word, so I thought it would be cool for it to be something like:

Scentifique (adj. Scent if eek)

And underneath it, I'd like some text that looks like a dictionary/thesaurus entry which describes "what" Scentifique is, whilst still including the fact that we do hand made candles, soap, bath and body stuff.

It's the second part I'm stuck with ! :embarasse I can't even get started! Are there any creative minds out there that can help me get started? Even if there are several ideas I may be able to mash them together to create a short, concise and interesting piece of text that describes what my company does, as well as making it look like a description of the word "Scentifique"

Hope this makes sense....I really appreciate ANY help I can get!

Natasha

how bout something like

1; A company based around yada yada yada 2; to specialize in bringing you the very best in (insert your prodcuts here).

ETA, Like a definition would be written out in the dictionary, have one sentence kinda describe you company a little and the second describe your products

Hi Natasha.

I think your current website is fab by the way but then again creative minds are always striving for change.

Back to your dilemna. How about Scentifique - from the word 'scent' and the 'ifique' from the French word magnifique. You could then go on to describe all your gorgeous aromas for candles, bath and body.

Sorry if it's a bit vague. I'm going to have the same problem soon. Just trying to get my head around CSS at the moment.

I think one of the problems with candle websites in general is that you can't just pick a product and smell it. If only!! So we have to try and conjure up in the prospective buyer's mind a physical candle shop. It has to be enticing enough for them to stop by and peruse. We have to invoke smell using colours, pictures and descriptions. Not the easiest of things to do.

Maybe someone else will have some other ideas. I've got a bit of a block on at the mo (still hung up about my car:mad:)

Ruby