Need some advise on pillars

So I am typically a container with soy wax maker and love my hobby so far. Doing well and every one (knock on wood) are coming out great, but my husband is trying to encourage me to make pillars and molds. I have used parrifin with vybar, but now I am embarking on the pillar adventure. I got my molds, wick screws, and mold sealer from peak candle supplies. But I also got some wick pins because I was told by someone that it was easier to get a straight wick using them, and I prefer using wick pins with my votives. So my question is, using the wick pin, how do I use it with the mold sealer. Someone told me to but the pin through the mold from the outside, but then how do I get the candle out of the mold? how do I seal it with it on the outside. If I use it on the inside, how do I seal it completely without major leaks? I am looking forward to making my molds and pillars, but apprehensive about starting. Any advise would be nice. I guess since I like my containers so much, I am wanting a new challenge.

Thanks everyone.

BTW, I get all my wax and fo from peak supplies. And my containers from candles and supplies.

Wick pins are theoretically less work, but they have nothing to do with getting the wick straight. The easiest way to ensure a straight wick is to wick the mold. Nothing's gonna be straighter than that.

If you want to try the wick pins, put a collar of mold sealer right around the bottom of the pin, plus 3 or 4 small blobs farther out on the base. Put it through the hole from the outside and press the mold and pin base together. Then you'll need to rock the mold around until the top of the pin is centered.

When the candle is cold, pull the pin out then turn the mold upside down to remove the candle. It may need a tap or two to make it release and slide out.