need some m&p knowledge please

jennifer

I've been looking at all of peak's m&p bases and trying soap is seriously tugging at my mind right now. But I have a question, is it better to start off with a glycerine base or are the other bases okay to add whatever to? I guess I'm just trying to figure out if for instance the aloe vera base is just a glycerine base with the aloe already mixed in there...

Please assist me with this I need to make something so that my mind can be at peace for a little while. :wink2:

I highly doubt that any one of them is better than another.. they just have different ingredients in them to start with. I would have not a single qualm about adding stuff to one of those bases, although, I might want to try a test batch of just the base alone, or with some fragrance first to see what differences there were by adding an ingredient or two. Have fun with it! :)

I highly doubt that any one of them is better than another.. they just have different ingredients in them to start with. I would have not a single qualm about adding stuff to one of those bases, although, I might want to try a test batch of just the base alone, or with some fragrance first to see what differences there were by adding an ingredient or two. Have fun with it! :)

Thanks that is exactly what I wanted to know!

It may be naieve of me - but to me the point of making your own soap with a base is that you are SUPPOSED to add things. I also have no qualms or issues with adding oils and scrubbies and herbs, whatever to ANY base. I've used Oatmeal, Silk & Shea, White, Suspending, and clear. I have not noitced any restrictions in what i've been able to add. Just play with small batches first. The very worst that could happen really is that something won't incorporate fully and you can just remelt and add more soap base to help that along.

Good luck and have fun!