non tarnishing silver beads?

Sharon in KY

I am sick of everthing turning so quick and I really don't care if my beads are sterling. So what choice do I have for nice looking shinny plain silver beads? I got some from another piece of jewery I took apart but haven't seen them in the stores. Have always bought sterling cause I didn't want the silver to wear off and look like crap after a couple of wearings. So what should I be looking for when buying non sterling silver? Silver plated or what??? TIA

PS

You should see how awful my sterling looks now that I cleaned all of it in the "sterling cleaner". Boy was that a mistake...

Pewter looks dull and it can never be polished to look like ss. Keep the ss pieces in boxes or bags until you're ready to use/sell them and they should be ok. Silver plate will tarnish and look horrible. I never use that material or gold plate. It's ok if you're making dollar store jewelry or something for a child who doesn't know the difference and will probably lose it anyway. I say stick with SS and the PIA that comes with it..LOL. Again, keep it out of the air and theres less work for you. I never use anything but a polishing cloth made for SS and Gold.

But you can always try stainless steel and hematite if you refuse to deal with the SS.

I sell beads in my shop, and I sell a lot of 2 and 3 mm "silver" beads: just silver coloured. I also prefer using sterling, but it does turn, and the plated can turn as well. So try out the cheapies, they might be what you're looking for.