Soap Presentation

valeriakr

I had been making soap for about three year...In these three years I had try soap boxes with home made labels which were pretty good and nice but expensive for me. Then I move to shrink wrapping with label (since I had a Cinderella obcession) the labels were done with transparencies and process in a Xyron machine, which were expensice as well...so I move to a home made cigarrete band. This seens to be the less expensive alternative if I don't add my time payment...which turned to be a lot doing this procedure...ok...what I will like to know what had work best for you soapmaking people. I'm thinking on moving again to labels but this time using transparent labels...Where I can buy labels with good glue? I will also used the labels for malibu lotion bottle and aluminium body mist, where the transparency didn't work at all due to peeling or no-sticking to the bottles.

PD: Sorry about my english...spanish is my firts language

I didn't care for cigar band style labels, because the soap eventually shrinks a bit as it loses water, then the band is too loose. Drove me nuts. I use boxes because they protect my soap best and keep it clean. But if I didn't use that, I think I'd go with shrinkwrap and a label stuck to the outside of the package. I realize the soap may shrink a bit and cause the shrinkwrap to become looser too, but I just like the idea of my soaps being covered and protected so they stay more sanitary, know what I mean?

Sorry I don't know of a clear label source (I just use locally bought clear labels at office supply or discount chain stores). Hopefully someone who buys them online will trot along here soon to help you.

Buena suerte! ;)

I too started with the cigar bands, drove me batty. If you want to shrink wrap, leave the ends open so the soap can breathe and the customer can smell it. I love the boxes. No going back for me.They look very professional, the soap can breathe and the customer can smell the soap.

I too started with the cigar bands, drove me batty. If you want to shrink wrap, leave the ends open so the soap can breathe and the customer can smell it. I love the boxes. No going back for me.They look very professional, the soap can breathe and the customer can smell the soap.

Hey, e. I haven't searched, but did that source you had for the custom box ever happen? I think I'd like something like that. Thanks!

I started out with a cigar band under shrink wrap, way too much work and the soap was too covered. Went to the box and thought it was just as much work by the time I made the stick on label, put the soap in the box, stick the label on then close the box. I now do a label on heavy weight paper the size of a business card, put the label on the back and shrink wrap with Dan's Bands. This way all the info is on the soap and under the shrink wrap and stays clean. You can see the top of the soap and any swirls or fancy top and the end is open to sniff.

I had custom boxes made for my wholesale accounts... otherwise I sell them naked and then just place them in a glassine bag with a label indicating scent.

I had mine done by www.boxcoop.com. I worked with Keri. She was awesome!

They actually posted a picture of my box on the website. If you click on soap boxes on the bottom and then the 2nd picture.... there it is.

Jennifer

I had custom boxes made for my wholesale accounts... otherwise I sell them naked and then just place them in a glassine bag with a label indicating scent.

I had mine done by www.boxcoop.com. I worked with Keri. She was awesome!

They actually posted a picture of my box on the website. If you click on soap boxes on the bottom and then the 2nd picture.... there it is.

Jennifer

Oh Jennifer those are great!!!!...How they did the art in the box. You gave them the art or they did it?....That was expensive?

Oh Jennifer those are great!!!!...How they did the art in the box. You gave them the art or they did it?....That was expensive?

The way that it works to have a box made with them..

1) Measure your soap and send them the dimensions. They will then send you a template of the box that you choose for the size of your soap.

2) Place all of the art work on the template. I hired a graphic designer, locally. I emailed her the template and she created it. The graphic designer charged me $60.00 (that is her hourly rate).

3) Once the template is the way that you would like the box to look, you email the template to the company. They print a box for you to proof.

4) Once you have reviewed the proof you okay them to print.

I ordered a large quantity, used the thickest paper, added a glossy coating with UV protection. I paid about .35 per box. The more you order the larger the break... I cannot remember what the minimum is.

IMO- presentation is everything.

Thank you.

Jennifer

OMG...you are from Alaska....what about shipping charges?...cuz this company is from CA.

The way that it works to have a box made with them..

1) Measure your soap and send them the dimensions. They will then send you a template of the box that you choose for the size of your soap.

2) Place all of the art work on the template. I hired a graphic designer, locally. I emailed her the template and she created it. The graphic designer charged me $60.00 (that is her hourly rate).

3) Once the template is the way that you would like the box to look, you email the template to the company. They print a box for you to proof.

4) Once you have reviewed the proof you okay them to print.

I ordered a large quantity, used the thickest paper, added a glossy coating with UV protection. I paid about .35 per box. The more you order the larger the break... I cannot remember what the minimum is.

IMO- presentation is everything.

Jennifer

OMG I LOVE those boxes Jennifer, I'd love to have the money to do those, waaaaaay classy!!

You said that you only use them for a wholesale acct. you have right? Why? Did they require/ask for something like that? Do you somehow include that price in their cost? I'm assuming you do.

Also, I really like the idea of using the nekked bars in just a glassine bag, but how do you give them the info. on the soap?

OMG I LOVE those boxes Jennifer, I'd love to have the money to do those, waaaaaay classy!!

You said that you only use them for a wholesale acct. you have right? Why? Did they require/ask for something like that? Do you somehow include that price in their cost? I'm assuming you do.

Also, I really like the idea of using the nekked bars in just a glassine bag, but how do you give them the info. on the soap?

It would be difficult to sell the soap naked wholesale, although I have recently picked up a new account that does sell it naked. That is why I did the boxes. They did not require or ask me to do so. I have found that the wholesale accounts that sell my soap are normally tourist based so that is why I went for the 'Alaskan' look. At fairs and the market I do not gear my products that way.

When I sell bars naked I have black chalk board signs that indicate ingredients, scent and pricing. The bag only has the business logo and the scent on it. It will also have my website addy soon... :grin2:

I have learned that time= money. I have more time to make soap by going the box route instead of wrapping and labeling all of the soap myself. I really hated it and it is way to time consuming. The boxes were actually cheaper than adding materials for wrapping and my time!

Thanks Michi.

Jennifer

I love those boxes, but I have a question. Do you add another label to let customers know which fragrance?

Sandi G

GoodStuff Bath & Body

Did you notice the yellow oval spot on the bottom of the box? That is were the scent goes. You can either use labels or a thin Sharpie.

Thanks Brenda for the compliment. Boxes make life a lot easier! :)