quick labeling q

blazerina

Hi- I want to make a label for the soaps I made for the mp swap going on... but I have a question...

I used two different kinds of bases. How do I list the bases if they are more than just 'glycerine'. For instance I used silk&shea and Oatmeal bases. I have no idea how to word the bases used. I get every thing else for the most part... im just hung up on this part, lol.

Thanks peeps!

For the swap, I included my recipe

For example (not the exact recipe I sent, but as an example)

1 lb SFIC shaving soap

1.75 lb SFIC goatmilk soap

0.75 lb SFIC clear soap

1 T jojoba oil

1 oz mango butter

1 oz shea butter

0.75 oz caster oil

0.2 oz glycerine

2 shakes sugar

fragrance oil

coloring

I'm not sure if I needed to be that exact on my labeling. :embarasse

I figure if I include the recipe, I'll get some information on the things I can improve on (maybe I put in too much butter or not enough). I have fun with mp, but I'm still on the learning curve.

Probably after I try everyone else's soap, I'll be inspired to try something that I never would have thought of before.

Since you don't know the exact percentages, you'd have to guess at what the order of ingredients would be. maybe sending your recipe in would be easier, or put the recipe on the label also, instead of a list of ingredients.

it's soap, so you don't have to put ingredients on the label.

Ok, thanks ladies.

The point of the swap was to show that you CAN add things with out compromising anything...so I didn't know how exactly to list what I used, more so the wording of ' Ingredients: Oatmeal Soap, Silk&Shea Soap, Glycerine Soap.....etc. Seems like it would be a bit tricky to have this great formula that has all these 'weird' combinations of bases and such. I tend to be kind of anal about things so I think I was thinking I needed to break it all down officially, lol. I'll just make a list of what I used in order of their amts... as opposed to an official breakdown of INCI names and such, lol.

Thanks for the help!