My Palm candle disaster

Kay

Ok, I got into a rush..i pulled out of mold to quick & pulled wick right out....Man i could kick myself sometimes. It turned out great too..Was so looking forward to a new test burn with HTP 1212 wicks too.

KAy

post-5306-139458418823_thumb.jpg

Hmmm..well dauh..thanks!!!!!..i'll try it

Kay

I always wick afterwards, that's the only reason I thought of it. lol - test that baby out!

oh, but ets that since palm wax is so brittle, I don't know how it will react to a drill ......so I can't guarantee it will work ....good luck!

Kay, I had the same thing happen. With the palm wax being so soft, I was able to GENTLY scrape the spilled extra wax off the surface with my finger nail and then heat the rod of a wick pin and insert it downwards and allow to cool that way, then removed the wick pin and rewick. Simply done! Thank God that the palm wax is a bit forgiving as you cant tell at all where I had to gently scrape the dripped wax away. HTH

Your candle does look very pretty!!

Good Luck,

Lynn

I've also done this before. Live and learn I guess. Be careful of just drilling and inserting a wick. The wax that spewed out had to come from somewhere, so chances are if you just wick the pillar there will be a huge air bubble in there somewhere. Might be okay for testing, but I wouldn't want to sell it that way. JMO

Oh no I wouldn't dare sell...i'm still in testing stages. Its harder then it looks. I ended up just remelting & did all over again...I do have a question though about scents....the smell of my palm wax is overpowering my F.O. I got this batch of wax from Ebay..I know I know...get my supplies from suppliers & I normally do, but i wanted to test it out & thought I would buy 5 pounds, just to se how it was. I found someone on ebay that sells it & tried it. I'm kinda worried though cause after my bid was won her items were pulled from Ebay..not sure why, but i got an email saying I might not receive my items cause her items were pulled from Ebay. I did receive my palm wax, but wondering if its suppose to have a strong smell. I thought soy wax was bad, but man this stuff is bad..gives me a headacke if i dont vent well & i mean well....can anyone help me? I had to use 2 oz of F.O. to get a little smell from this 4x3 pillar. Isn't that alot? Help me to understand this.please.

Kay