soy burn

citygrl707, you sound discouraged. Sometimes it takes some trial and error, testing and patience to come up with what works perfectly for you.

First, if the melt pool is too large, then the wick is too big. There is no "right wick" nor "right amount" of FO. We start with suggested sizes and amounts, but each different FO (and colorant) can change how the candle burns from one made with a different FO and color.

I would suggest you try wicking down one size and see if that helps.:grin2:

ok i sat back and waited relit the candle and cut the wick a bit burn pool is all the way across and now seems to be melting down like its suppose to. I have switched wicks three times. I love the way they smell my problem with soy is that ive been testing for over two months and still havent got one great candle , that i get with gel. Im going to keep working on it. thank you everyone....

Don't get discouraged citygrl-- testing takes time and is worth it-- believe me! I have used 4 oz hex jars and found I needed to use the smallest jar wicks for them to burn properly. You want a full melt pool without the jar getting to hot to touch. 1/4 inch melt pool is okay. You can even go as much as a 1/2 inch melt pool as long as you are not getting a jar too hot to touch. HTH