How long

Anna

Only time will tell. When I was starting to make them, I kept them around for a year to see if they developed any visible funkiness. After a year+, I've had oils go rancid, but no visible mold. Which is not to say you can't have nasties in your lotion just because you can't SEE them; to be sure they are OK, you can have them tested in a lab.

HTH!

If you didn't add a preservative to this batch, refridg for up to a week and then pitch it. If you used a preservative, it depends. If your method of making and the preservative are effective, I'd say you're safe for up to 12 months. But the only way to know this is to test.

I'm not sure if the info would be on here, but you can try to search here. If no luck here, search at the soap dish and in the archives. There is a lot of very helpful information there.

Robin posted a link to an article about testing a while ago that contained some very helpful information. I think I have that book marked at home, I'll look and see if I do and if not, I'll try to search for it later on. It is a very informative article.