CDN wicks

are they much different than the CDs?

It's the same wick but CDN has a different chemical treatment to cope with acidic wax, such as blends containing a lot of stearic. It's the same idea as the NST 2 treatment you find in the RRD and larger LX wicks. Under some circumstances it can make a big difference. Often it makes none.

Your right, the larger qty is all i can seem to find. I went through the list of suppliers last night and wicks unlimited and wickit are the only 2 that carry them. I ordered a sample pack of cotton wicks, it's about the only wick I haven't tried so far.

hi stella

I'm am testing new jars using C3 and wicking the little terrace jars 4 oz. I just don't like the curling of the reg cd wicks or any wick that curls, these jars are so small and when the wick curls one side of the jar just seems to get hot in my opinion. I saw somewhere on the board where the cdn wicks didnt curl. Thought I would would try them and see. I just become a grandmother 2 weeks ago for the first time and I had this brainstorm of an idea that I could take these little jars with clear labels and market them at baby showers and wedding receptions by putting the baby name, date of birth, weight with a stork, same with the wedding reception idea. The labels really turned out cute as could be. I guess I am just totally afraid the jars will get too hot considering they will probably be burning for so long at a wedding reception. Am I going over the deep end and worrying too much?

Cowgirl, the only 4 oz. containers we have any experience making are tins. I can understand your concern, however, with glass containers. I don't have a good idea of the dimensions of the jar, but I think you could try using an 8 check out the suggested container sizes on the wick info at JBN... says a #8 should work in 100% soy for a 1.75"-2.25" container... you could go up to a #10 if the #8 is too small.

I, too, wish more sizes were available... I would like to see some 9" assemblies and some smaller wick sizes, but when I asked, same thing - I'd have to buy a gazillion of one size for a "custom" order...:rolleyes2