Buffalo Tallow

Kymber

Anyone ever worked with it? I have searched till I am blue in the face. I have a big demand for it here and have one lady that will buy all I can make for her B&B and 4 gift shops. Also had a few more requests for it at my wholesale show a couple weeks ago. Makes sense since we are a huge buffalo production state. Anyway I can't seem to find much on it....would you consider it the same as beef tallow in the soap calc (they have beef tallow, Deer Tallow and Sheep Tallow)? I rendered a bunch last weekend and need to get it into some soap this weekend to start testing. TIA!

Kymber, are you a member of the tallow soapers group on yahoo? I have a word file that has all this info in it and I am showing .140 for buffalo, but I tried to do a google to find more on this (just to make sure my doc is correct because I've never used buffalo before) and I can't find anything either.

I have usage, 30% and SAP .140.

I am sure if you joined that group and did a search within that group, you'd get more info on buffalo tallow. Those soapers deal with tallow more.

If you need the link, I'll post it later.

Rebecca!

Thank You so much!! I would love the link when you have time! I didn't even know there was a tallow soapers group on yahoo. I have searched and searched and can't come up with much of anything at all on the buffalo tallow. Thanks a bunch...I really appreciate it!

Kymber, are you a member of the tallow soapers group on yahoo? I have a word file that has all this info in it and I am showing .140 for buffalo, but I tried to do a google to find more on this (just to make sure my doc is correct because I've never used buffalo before) and I can't find anything either.

I have usage, 30% and SAP .140.

I am sure if you joined that group and did a search within that group, you'd get more info on buffalo tallow. Those soapers deal with tallow more.

If you need the link, I'll post it later.

The majority of soapers at the Tallow Soapers Group on yahoo use the Beef Tallow sap.

Yep they do. After tons of researching this the general concensus is to use the SAP for beef. I am going to try a batch today and see how it turns out...... Thank you everyone for all your help!