FBB from KB

candlebean

I was just looking at Kangaroo Blue's site at the FBB and the sample recipie they provided. I have a question about the preservative. Per the KB site, you're supposed to use .5-1% of liquipar optima based on the total weight of what your'e making. Everthing is weighed out in oz except for the brown sugar, which is in cups. This may be a stupid question, but do you measure out 2 cups of sugar, then weigh it, and figure out how much preservative to use that way?

Second question: What happens if you use a little too much preservative? Say your calculations call for .40 oz and you put in .50oz.....is too much preservative the same as not having enough?

The preservative amount is always the total weight of your formula, including your sugar, so yes, weigh out your sugar & add that to the total.

As for too much preservative, I'm thinking it may become an irritant, though not positive - hopefully someone else will chime in on that.