GF 415 ezsoy, KY , etc. November lot

Just got a new load of wax, lot of 11/30/06. Anyone have issues with this one? It is burning much slower and looks as though I am going to have to wick up. The thing is that at the same I got the new wax, I got a huge bag of wicks. I always wonder if that may be the issue instead of the wax...if possibly I was given the wrong size wick. I called my supplier and they are some new wicks and I will do a side by side test, but wondering if anyone has had issues. I hate this soy guessing game. :mad:

CDs, Geek. As for the cold, I thought of that....BUT (always a but, huh?) All my wax is stored inside and the candles I made a week ago from the last lot are stored/burned in the same rooms as the candles made with the new wax. The "old" candles are burning great. The last lot of wax I got there was a tiny bit of wicking issues on my super heavy scents, but my normal wicking scents were okay.

Hi Kathleen. You can make tarts...lots and lots and lots...:rolleyes2 of tarts. My really really hard to melt 415 makes good tarts that are not to soft. I only had 200 lbs to use up. Geek's blending too. And, I am finally able to make a half way decent candle using 50% KY115 (KY115?) with it. Beth

It could just be the colder temps affecting your wax. Soy is like that and will burn differently in the winter than it does in the summer. just a thought.

Meredith is right. I have a huge house with hardwood that runs cool all of the time. I have to wick up during the winter just get a full melt pool. Then when warmer air hits my original wick size pools beautifully. I use just plain 415 and cd's too. It does get discouraging but its soy and you have to understand how airflow and temps will effect it. So I made a system that I will not test burn a candle if my room temp is below 70 degrees. Everytime I have made or burned one under that temp it does not temper properly, it frosts and I have to wick up.

:laugh2: I actually turned the air on today because my thermostat showed that it was 75 and my house was stuffy. We usually just don't get cold enough for it to be an issue.

Lucky you!!! I feel so bad for you having to turn your air on!!:mad: NOT!!! LOL

We are freezing our bottoms off on the East Coast right now!@@!@!@!@!

When I'm testing my candles, I put the testers in the garage and let the babies freeze...

Then I test burn them to make sure they can handle all the worst conditions possible. You never know where you will be shipping them, or how customers store them...

VE- Hope you get the wax issue worked out.. I also blend my soys as you know, and it has made all the difference with the drowning issues from the straight 415/EZSOY. :grin2:

Did our "edit" disappear? I just saw my post...2 KY115s. The () should have been 402, so I thought I'd zip in and change it but couldn't. I always liked that feature as you can sometimes see spelling, etc., errors after you post. Hope it is going better for you. Ah, the cold. It's here in Northern ID, too. Seems you get one season worked out, and then the next is here with it's own set of difficulties! Beth