paypal scam - please read!

cas

Apparently there is a new Paypal email going around asking to update your info... what makes this one different, and scary, is that is HAS YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION in it. I just about crapped on myself when I looked closely at the email.

I kid you not. It's a new email going around. Look in the "To" area of the message header. If you see your card info in there, CALL YOUR CARD COMPANY and get a NEW ONE issued right away. DO NOT CLICK ON ANY LINKS in the email!

I didn't fall for it, and would not have noticed if I didn't look closely at the message. This is making me consider not doing business with or through ebay/paypal from here on out. Not if they can not protect their customer information.

I never ever ever open pay pal stuff in emails.

No matter what!! I go right to the site and go from there.

Same with Ebay.

I get emails spam for mid America bank and Chase and I don't even have an account and it's asking me to update my info. strange.

Another pay pal scam was....there's been several attempt to access your pay pal account from bonsia some country...etc.

I don't open the emails, I go right to the site and see if there's such thing.

I feel so bad for those who just don't or didn't know. :(

Be careful!!

Dani

I never ever ever open pay pal stuff in emails.

No matter what!! I go right to the site and go from there.

Same with Ebay.

I get emails spam for mid America bank and Chase and I don't even have an account and it's asking me to update my info. strange.

Another pay pal scam was....there's been several attempt to access your pay pal account from bonsia some country...etc.

I don't open the emails, I go right to the site and see if there's such thing.

I feel so bad for those who just don't or didn't know. :(

Be careful!!

Dani

Right, but this particular one HAS personal info attached to it. I have never seen one before that had personal info already in the message.

Right, but this particular one HAS personal info attached to it. I have never seen one before that had personal info already in the message.

Wow!! now that's SCARY!!!

how is this spammer getting the personal info??

did you forward it to paypal spoof mail?

Hope I don't get one like that.

Dani

Wow!! now that's SCARY!!!

how is this spammer getting the personal info??

did you forward it to paypal spoof mail?

Hope I don't get one like that.

Dani

Yup, I forwarded it to paypal aready.

I think they got ahold of a computer or some data backup from ebay/pay pal and got the info off that. The card they had from me was expired. But the information is anywhere from 4 months to 14 months current.

Never, ever reply to an email asking your to update your personal information. They are always scams. If you receive an email and wonder if its legit, get your credit card company phone number off of a bill and call them directly.

Unfortunately, when you do business over the internet you always take a risk of someone intercepting your information. If you computer isn't secure enough then hackers can get into it. Make sure you antivirus is up-to-date (scanning you PC at least once a week) and you have a firewall. I would also suggest getting a good spyware program like Webroot Spy Sweeper. Also, be careful when you transfer an attachments as some people inadvertantly transfer other files that that they didn't mean to send. Make sure you clean out your temporary files on a regular basis. Be extremely cautious when downloading any freeware or shareware to your PC. Many of them contain spyware and can even include keystroke logger ware that will track your keystrokes.

If you have a wireless network, make sure that you have set it up do others can't see what's on your network. If it's not secure then others can see everything on your PC.

I believe PayPal and Ebay are doing what they can to keep their files safe but users also need to take steps to keep their PCs safe in addition to the companies keeping their info up-to-date.

I'm not saying people who get their info taken aren't taking precautions I'm just trying to shed some get info out there. I work for the gov't in the IT field and we are constantly updating our PCs to stay on step ahead of the hackers.

I rcv'd an e-mail from my bank(Bank of America) to update my info due to inactivity of our account!!! WTF I was LMAO. No I didn't open it. Our account is not idle for more than one day at a run. I called my local branch to let them know that I had rcv'd this "joke of the day" email