About pillar burn time

Hi all, I'm doing a lot of testing especially on my palm wax 3x3 pillars.

Anyway I get an approx. burn time on them of 60 hours, do you think it's good?

I can't find a lot on 3x3 pillars burn time. I saw some illume pillars with a 65 hours burn time declared (they are paraffin) and some others with 35 hours :shocked2:.

I also have some 3x6 yankme pillars and they say 70 hours burn time...

So I got a bit confused. What is considered a good average burn time??

TIA!

Sabrina, 320/60 = 5.33 grams per hour (.19 oz per hour).

As an example, a 2 oz votive =56.7 grams. If it burns for 14 hours, that's 56.7/14= 4.05 grams per hours. If it lasted for 16 hours, it would be 3.5 grams per hour. Using your numbers, that votive would burn for 10.6 hours.

There are many variables, such as how long it burns at one time. You may notice that approximate burn times, when provided, may have a large range, such as 60-80 hours.

E, I know it depends on many variables.

I just wanted to have an idea of what it's considered good or acceptable.

So I don't think I will never say "my pillars last XX hours" I find it an useless information, if it can have such ranges.

I'm only trying to get the best that I can from my candles!

Sabrina, color and fragrance make a difference as well. A few years ago I did an experiment with several unscented votives in different colors. There was a difference of 2 hours total burn time with those.

Since palm is so tricky to wick, my main concern would be that it left not too large a shell, yet did not spill over, and burned well.

e

Yes, palm wax is so different in many ways, every wick I test burns fast (wicks that burn slower leave too much shell), but I though ending with an average of 60 hours it's quite good!

Different story for paraffin, which is under testing again with LX instead of flat braid.

Thanks for your opinion!

Sabrina, color and fragrance make a difference as well. A few years ago I did an experiment with several unscented votives in different colors. There was a difference of 2 hours total burn time with those.

Since palm is so tricky to wick, my main concern would be that it left not too large a shell, yet did not spill over, and burned well.

e