Pouring Creme Brulee

F6Hawk

I love the smell of Creme Brulee, and so do my customers. It is my top seller, but the hardest FO to get to mix properly. I have tried hotter wax (IGI 4630 for my containers), cooler wax, but the only way I seem to get a candle without a FO pool at the bottom is to keep stirring it as it cools, or to try and pour it at 123°. I typically make mine around 10% FO, but with Aztec's Creme Brulee, I am down arount 3-5%, and still working harder than I'd like to to get the Fo to stay suspended.

I would appreciate any ideas you have for pouring candles with heavier oils.

Thanks!

So do the higher temps make the oil disperse better? Perhaps that is the trick. Tonight, I poured 3 as normal, except that I only poured them 2/3 full. I waited for the candles to set, then heated up the remaining wax to top them off. Since the oil pools on the bottom, I figured even if I got a concentration, it would be higher in the candle. I got the wax hotter than normal by accident, poured, and can't seem to see any puddling. Perhaps this will do the trick!

Thanks for all the input, I really apprecite it!

• 4 months later...

OK - Am I just a stupid newby cause I used a wisk after reading some threads to mix my creme brulee and during the mixing was scraping the bottom of the pour pot:o . Thought I was doing good - right:undecided . Well, as I go to pour I see all the wonderful :angry2: floating pieces of metal from the bottom of the pour pot that I scraped off while wisking so intensely thinking I'm doing the right thing! Oh boy....so the trick is to wisk without scraping the bottom of the pour pot- right!!

Humor is the key to the test, pour, wait and see candle carnivale :wink2: You just never know, being new, no matter how much I read I learn things during tests that I wish I didn't have to but glad I did so I don't get on that ride again! It's all for a reason. There are so many good people on this forum who want to help and thank you as your response made me chuckle...There's only a little hint of metallic grey :eek: in the candle...