posting a pic

snow

Could someone explain how to post a pic on here or where it tells you how. I did it once or twice, by mistake.....and now I can't remember how to do it. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs to know this. Thanks!

Hi Snow,

There are two ways that I know of:

1: If the image is saved on your computer, towards the bottom of where you compose your posts under "additional options" there is a "attach files" "manage attachements" button. From there you can "upload" an image from your computer. Using this way to do it, you can also load an image if it's on the net... just enter the URL (www.XXXXXXXX.jpg).

Doing it this way will make the image show as a little image at the bottom of your post that people can click on to see the larger version. See the "attached thumbnail" below.

2: The second way is only if the image is on the net. type the following without the spaces: [ i m g ] www . image. jpg [ / i m g ]. Keep in mind if you do it this way, the image will be put in at actual size; it's kinda poor forum manners to be putting HUGE images in this way.

The results will be this for doing it this way:

ragbubba.jpg

Not for you Snow, but for others, you must have 50 posts and be a member here at CT for 30 days before you can use the first way to put images in your posts.

post-6312-139458417701_thumb.jpg

1: If the image is saved on your computer, towards the bottom of where you compose your posts under "additional options" there is a "attach files" "manage attachements" button. From there you can "upload" an image from your computer. Using this way to do it, you can also load an image if it's on the net... just enter the URL (www.XXXXXXXX.jpg).

I tried this and could not get the picture to show on here. I uploaded it but when it was done, nothing appeared. Am I missing a step?

Here's my try....

I get this error:

DSCF0101.JPG:

Your file of 447.7 KB bytes exceeds the forum's limit of 97.7 KB for this filetype.

every time I try again, the # goes up some. What now?

Thanks for taking time to help with this:wave:

You need to make the file smaller. It is way too large to upload. You will need to use a phote editing software (like Adobe Photo Elements) to downsize it.

Good luck!

You will need to resize the image.

There are two sizes that can be resized:

1. The actual image size. Usually, making a smaller pic will lower the image file size as well.

2. The image file size (quality)

The error you're getting is due to the image file size. If you don't have any software to change this, there are some free places to do this online.

This one seems pretty straight up, and they give you the resized image right away, then just save the resized image to your computer and give it a shot. I'd pick maybe 400-600 in width: http://resizr.lord-lance.com/default.asp