Plug for Soapers Workshop

lindsaycb

I'm not sure if anyone else has had the pleasure...but WOW. If you want some great lotion bases, you have to try this stuff out!

PLUS, she customizes lotions for you too. SO if you have a recipe that you love, but are too freaked out to create it, she does it for you! & keeps it a secret.

www.soapersworkshop.com

I just had a custom cream made & its so dang creamy...I'm in lurv.

Wow, thanks for posting this...I'm really glad to see you're happy with the product! I just sent her my ingredient list the other day...I'm excited! Lindsey is really knowledgable IMO, & quick to respond w/ very informative e-mails. It is so obvious to me that she is really passionate about what she does!

I've been toying back & forth with this lotion thing...a gazillion samples purchased...even have what I need to make lotion...still not quite ready yet!

Yeah, I'm excited!

Thanks for the plug, Lindsay! You're definitely one of my most enthusiastic shoppers! Here's what I just wrote to Sharon...

I haven't done any official testing, however I do go to extremes to make sure all of my lotions are made in as sterile of an environment as possible. I do plan on sending in some samples when I get my tax return, and having each offered preservative tested. Because each base is different, especially each custom base, I cannot test each and every different batch, even though some companies recommend testing after each adjustment in a recipe. I follow a very simple "formula" when creating. Ratios of oils to water, to emulsifiers to preservatives, they alway stay consistent. So even though the oils change, nothing else does.

However, I don't have any doubts that my bases would easily pass. I've been making them for years, and other than a few learning disasters at the very beginning, I have never had any problems occur in any of the lotions or creams that I've sold retail. I've put them through a number of my own tests, including extreme temperatures (my deck in the middle of winter when it's well below freezing to the inside of a hot car in Phoenix in July!). Grimy gross fingers inserted, leaving jars open on bathroom counters for months at a time, and everything else I could think of, and I've never had any problems.

We do guarantee our bases, and if, heaven forbid, you have any problems with the base, we will replace the product. The only exceptions to this are if you add milk protiens (such as goat's milk) or botanicals that are difficult to preserve (such as aloe and some hydrosols) without giving us prior warning. These ingredients make the preservatives work harder, thus they need to be used at the highest recommended usage rate. As long as I know ahead of time that these are your intentions, I can make sure the preservatives are at a level that will be adequate.

I do plan on getting challenge testing done, but with the cost of them, I unfortunately need to wait until I get our tax return back!