Business name question

Connie

I am now going to set up a website.

I have tax number in my name only. Here in NY my accountant told me that all that is necessary. My candles and all other crafts have my labels with "Connies's Candles & Crafts". I know there is Connies Candle Supplies and connies candles.

I really would like to register my domain as Connies Candles and Crafts as that is what all my customers know me as. Do you think it would be ok or would it be too close. I really don't want to step on any ones toes or get into a dispute on infringement rights.

I think when you enter into a business and are no longer just selling to family and friends that it is very important to start off on the up and up.... If there is another company that is using the name I would find something else.

There are many companies that change names and as long as you are good at marketing and advising your customers about your name change they should follow you.

Good luck with getting everything set up.

Jennifer

is there a Connies's Candles & Crafts or just connies candles and connies candle supplies? If there is no Connies's Candles & Crafts I say go for it. However you may need to contact your accountant and find out if you need a DBA from your name to Connies's Candles & Crafts.

There is no other Connies Candles & Crafts. I will check with accountant agian to see what she says but she has said as long as my name was in it I did not need a DBA just sales tax number. Been filing taxes like this four 4 years.