Bakery Candles

I am looking for some good information on waxes, wicks, methods, etc. for making bakery candles? Can anyone suggest a book that might give me all the tips I need. I have searched quite a few forums and have written down every suggestion but would still like a basic guide. :yay:

Ginger, bakery candles can mean a range of waxes. Are you interested in gel? Most of my bakery candles are a combination. I love doing the pies, and use gel with them. However, the embeds and crusts are usually paraffin.

When I fist started making these, I bought my supplies on ebay. I knew nothing about suppliers, etc. I got lucky with a few of the folks I bought from as they gave me some guidance. I eventually found several websites that sold embeds, etc., and gave demos and lessons.

I also found a couple of "how to" books on ebay. They were really for the beginner making dessert candles for fun. I don't necessarily use all the methods I got from these books now, but at the time it was all I had. I also got some fun ideas and information from them.

Have you made any bakery candles yet? If so, what have you made?

I haven't tried any yet. I make soy containers and years ago made lots of pillars. I have quite a few different waxes and have been collecting information and pictures of the bakery candles I like, so I guess I'll just have to jump in and start testing. I think I'll try cinnamon buns (rolled) and some muffins and cakes. Thanks for your replies.