First "Real" CP Attempt

BubbleBath

I just made my first "real" batch of CP. :yay: I made a very small batch last week (just to get a "feel" for it). After liking the way it came out (Thanks Crafty AJ for the basic recipe), I decided to research some more and give this a try in earnest. I created my own recipe (probably not original, but it's what I had on hand).

Lard (50%)

Olive Oil (25%)

Coconut (20%)

Shea (5%)

I ran it the SoapCalc and liked what I saw; but what do I know. I've been reading up on this since October, but until I actually get in there and experiment, it won't mean a thing to me.

I used NG's Mardi Gras and attempted a swirl. I hoping that the soap comes out ok and I'll be pleased if the swirl doesn't look like crap. Even if it does I'll be pleased because I did it.

Yay! Glad you got that first batch under your belt! Welcome to the world of soapmaking! Glad to have you on board! :yay:

P.S. You're welcome for the recipe. I was hoping it would help a newbie get started. :) I invented it early in my soaping career because I was trying to keep it SIMPLE. lol ;) It's probably been done before -- nothing new under the sun, as they say. But I like it.