Need some help.

StephD

Me and my daughter were making her lip balm with her kit and I screwed up. Go figure! lol Luckily we had 1/3 of it that we could use and I just screwed up the other 2/3. Anyway, instead of buying another kit, could someone help me with supplies. I went to BCNs site but I have a hard time with their site not wanting to load, plus Shea Butter is almost $30 for 4 lbs! lol Anyway, if anyone could share where they get supplies I would appreciate it. Thanks!

Stephanie

Why not just buy the "Lip Balm/Lotion Bar" base that BCN has? You can use the same base for lip balms and make lotion bars. For flavored lip balms you'll have to find the flavorant (is that a word?) for you base. And when making Lotion Bars, just be sure to use skin safe FO's.

I don't personally make the Lip Balms, but I love this stuff for Lotion Bars! HTH

Thanks! I may try that. We had a blast making them and poured them into the pots. The kit was cute. She has already picked out her flavorings from BCN! lol She's ready to make more. I didn't think about the lotion bars. Do they work well? I had never heard of them until I found this site.

Stephanie

I used to sell a few of them when I had my shop. I like the push up tubes or deoderant tubes for these. They fit in your purse and you can use them whenever you want! I like the fact that you don't have to worry about lotion spilling out or trying to get that last drop out of the bottles. JMHO Buy a couple of tubes and try it out. I love these lotion bars myself! (sorry, he changed who was on while watching a movie :-( )

Well, I just ordered her the kit to try it out, but I think I might just swap some of that base and try it in a lotion bar! lol She won't care. She's all excited, wanting to know how soon it's gonna be here. I told her, it's not gonna ship out until Tuesday at the absolute earliest! lol Anyway, thanks for the replies. She's extremely excited. This is not stuff to sell, just something else for us to do together and she's gonna give out what she makes to her friends as freebies! :)

Stephanie

That's great that you two have something you can do together. Me and my dd made some lip balms up for some of her friends (and of course for herself!!:wink2: ) She loves the lotion bars as well! These make nice gifts for girlfriends! Let me know what you think of the Lotion Bar when you try it out.