Does location affect burn?

Since no one answered yet I'll take a stab at it. :)

Humidity (moisture content), oxygen level, and drafts obviously, temperature (or how cold the wax is - I've heard its a deceptive trick to refrigerate candles to get longer burn stats), will affect how it burns.

I don't have any proof, but I'm just going by how a fire itself burns, so I assume that would apply to a candle flame as well.

I am in Florida and I really really believe that the temp/humidity DOES effect the pouring - look - burning (wick) and everhtying else.

I have poured when the weather is 'better' here and had a wonderful candle - then did the exact same candle when it was 'worse' and got frosting and wick acted 'goofy'.:shocked2:

Makes one wonder what happens to our candles when we ship them to another location??? All the testing for the perfect combo goes right out the window!

When I started selling candles, I had them wicked to burn nicely in a Wisconsin winter. The wicks didn't mushroom or smoke much. The wax melted completely off the sides of the jar. Then, when I burned them in summer, I began to have problems like bad wick mushrooming. I don't know if it is the heat or the humidity, but I imagine it is a combination of both. Whatever it is, my candles burn faster in the summer. At first I worried a lot about it, but I decided to stay with the wick I started with. After all, I don't know if my customers will burn my candles in the summer or winter, but I think it is more likely that they will burn them in the winter. If they burn them in the summer, they will have to put up with the wick mushrooms. If I felt the container got dangerously hot though, I would wick down a size, and put up with wax hang-up on the jars in the winter. But, since it doesn't seem to be a safety issue, I'm staying with the winter wick.